For varicose veins in the legs, home treatment is used by most people. A violation of vascular patency occurs in almost every person. This is due to the special vertical position of the body, which is not unique to any other mammal. The blood cannot overcome gravity and move through the vessels without problems, as a result of which stagnant processes occur, the walls swell and protrude further through the skin.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies at home allows you to quickly get rid of the manifestations of the disease, but only if we talk about the initial stages. If the disease progresses and blood clots form in the veins, surgery is needed. Diets, packs, ointments and exercise are used for self-treatment.
Tinctures for internal use
Varicose veins are an internal problem that is associated with poor blood vessel patency. The venous reticulum and protruding veins are external manifestations. It is necessary to first fight the disease from the inside - to restore blood circulation and restore the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels.
Nutmeg-based tincture is an effective agent for treating varicose veins and is used as a means of internal administration. Cooking recipe: several nutmegs are ground into powder (you can use a coffee grinder or meat grinder) and stir in 200 ml of boiled water. 1 tsp is added. Honey, mix thoroughly. Before use, you need to insist on the drink for 30 minutes. Take a glass 60 minutes before morning meal and a few hours after breakfast. The admission period is one year. The first results will be visible in a month.
Nutmeg relieves pain in the lower extremities, eliminates edema and strengthens the walls of blood vessels.The remedy is recommended for use in the presence of ulcerative formations of a trophic nature and promotes their fastest healing. Nutmeg is highly toxic and must be eaten carefully. The allowable amount is no more than 1 tsp. chopped walnut (no top).
You can treat varicose veins on the legs with thorn apple seeds. This is a medicinal herb that helps get rid of ischemic diseases, pathologies of the heart muscle, which is used in varicose veins, heart attack and other diseases associated with impaired blood circulation. Thorn apple should be used very carefully: the plant is highly toxic and has a number of contraindications.
Recipe: Thorn apple seeds (70-90 g) are crushed on a coffee grinder and filled with 40% vol vodka. (Half a liter). The liquid must stand in a dark place for 14 days. Shake the container every day. The first intake of the tincture is no more than 15 drops added to 100 ml of water. Consume 30 minutes before noon. The dosage is increased daily by 2 drops to 25 drops. This amount of tincture should be taken for 30 days. If pain occurs after taking Datura, the dosage must be reduced.
Horse chestnut tincture is one of the most popular remedies for treating varicose veins at home. The recipe for the tincture: 50 g of horse chestnut inflorescences, dried and crushed, are poured into half a liter of glass with alcohol. Insist 2 weeks, filter. It is recommended to consume 1 tbsp daily. l. Tinctures before main meals. The course lasts 7 days, followed by a two-week break that you can then repeat.
To cure varicose veins at home for plaques that have blocked the lumen in the blood vessels, you can use a tincture based on lemon juice and garlic. Preparation method: 4 cloves of garlic and 4 peeled lemons are chopped in a meat grinder. The resulting mass is folded in a three-liter jar and poured over the neck with heated water (boiled). It is necessary to insist on straining for 3 days. Keep in a cool place. Take half a glass with your main meals or immediately after meals. You need to prepare a new serving of the tincture every 10 days. An average of 12 liters of tincture are required for the entire course of treatment. With the manifestation of pain from taking the drug, the dosage is reduced to 1 tbsp. l.
Before removing varicose veins at home with herbal cookings, you need to make sure that certain plants used in the recipe do not have an allergic reaction.
If no allergies are found, the following recipes can be prepared:
- Decoction of hazel and arnica root - mix the chopped ingredients in equal proportions and pour into a glass with 600 ml of boiled water. Let the broth steep for 12 hours. Take a third of a glass daily.
- hops boiling - 1 tbsp. l. The crushed product is poured into a glass of boiling water and melts in a water bath for 15 minutes. Drink before every meal.
- Cut 250 g of garlic into a pulp, add 350 g of liquid honey. Take 1 tbsp half an hour before meals. l. Facilities.
Fresh juices for the vascular system
The basic rule in the treatment of varicose veins is the daily use of freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices and their combinations. Carrots, spinach, beets, and beets are the most effective:
- Freshly squeezed spinach juices (obtained from the leaves) and carrots are mixed in a ratio of 10: 6. You need to drink a glass every day, at all times. Spinach is rich in vitamins C and A, which have a beneficial effect on the circulatory system, strengthen the walls of blood vessels and prevent the appearance of cholesterol plaques.
- Beet, spinach and carrot juices are mixed in proportions 3 to 3 to 10. They remove excess fluid from the body and reduce the swelling of the soft tissues. Beetroot stabilizes blood pressure, activates blood circulation and prevents stagnation in the blood vessels.
- Carrots (7 parts), celery (4), spinach (3) and parsley (2). The latter restores the elasticity of the blood vessel walls. Celery helps remove toxins from the body. Such a mixture of juices will help clean blood vessels from calcium accumulation and prevent the development of atherosclerosis.
- Mix the beet juice, watercress and spinach in a ratio of 2: 4: 2. The metabolic process in soft tissues is activated, the liquid is used as a prophylaxis against the risk of developing high blood pressure.
Wraps and compressed
Treatment of varicose veins at home can be carried out with the help of wraps and compresses, which have a therapeutic effect, reduce the manifestation of the disease and relieve pain in the lower extremities.
You can use simple recipes:
- Compress from tincture of dope seeds - 25 drops of the product are diluted in 100 ml of heated water. Cotton soaked in liquid is applied to the swollen veins, wrapped in cling film or a bag and fixed on it with a cloth, bandage or gauze. With a large amount of skin damage with a compress, you need to carefully listen to your condition. At the first manifestations of the feeling of intoxication, it is necessary to reduce the number of drops of tincture.
- The easiest way is to use green tomatoes. Vegetables are cut in half and secured with bandages in places where the cuts are made on the legs. This should be done before going to bed, in the morning the compress is removed. The useful life is one year. In a month the pain syndrome will go away, in a year the bumps on the legs will go away.
It is necessary to treat varicose veins on the legs at home not only with the help of decoctions and tinctures, but also with physical therapy exercises that perform simple exercises. In women, varicose veins are much more common, which is associated with pregnancy and childbirth, wearing heels and physiological features. Exercise therapy should become a daily healthy habit for them.
The following exercises are extremely useful:
- Perform in a sitting position, legs stretched forward, hands with palms resting on the floor. One leg bends at the knee, slowly rising and falling. Do 15 approaches at a time, switching legs.
- Legs shoulder width apart, arms straight, stretched out in front of the body. Do 15-20 squats, knees shouldn't go beyond the toe line.
- Supported squats - you need a chair with a backrest. You need to stand behind your back and hold it with your hands. Legs slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Do slow, deep squats, holding down for 2-3 seconds each time. The number of executions is 25-30.
- position - standing on your toes, with a sharp drop to a full foot. Then - stretch your legs on your toes again. Perform 30 times.
- Birch is a simple exercise that everyone knows from physical education classes. You must be in this position for at least a minute. Perform several times a day. Birch tree helps normalize blood circulation in the lower extremities, relieves swelling, the syndrome of tired legs and pain.
Herbal supplements can be used to make ointments that can help treat and reduce the appearance of varicose veins. The main component of ointments used in the manufacture of local active ingredients is horse chestnut.
For the ointment you need a chestnut tincture, which you can prepare yourself or buy ready-made. Before treating varicose veins at home with the help of traditional medicine, it is necessary to consult a doctor, since various complications are possible if one or another drug is used incorrectly.
To reduce the number of blood clots, drugs are used to reduce the thickness of the blood, e. g. B. Preparations with garlic.
To make an ointment with garlic, grind several cloves of a vegetable and mix them with butter in a ratio of 1 to 2. Then simmer in a water bath until the oil is completely dissolved. The product is applied to areas with pronounced veins at night. Cover the top with wax or parchment paper and bandage. Wash off the ointment with water in the morning without using cosmetics and put on socks.
Kalanchoe tincture is used as a topical preparation to reduce the manifestations of varicose veins in the lower extremities. It is necessary to rub the tincture into the skin of the legs with massage movements before going to bed. The course of treatment is from 1 to 6 months, depending on the severity of the symptomatic picture.
water and cognac
Treating varicose veins on the legs at home with traditional medicine means having the right drinking regimen. The more water you drink per day, the better it is for your body. You need to use boiled water or purified bottled water. What are the beneficial properties of water for varicose veins? It has a cleansing effect and helps remove waste products and toxins from the body.
Cognac is a tasty and healthy drink that will help treat varicose veins at home. Under the conditions of consuming a small amount of high-quality cognac in small portions, the risk of developing hypertension decreases, blood circulation improves and cholesterol plaques dissolve.
How are varicose veins cured with cognac? Every day on an empty stomach you need to drink no more than 50 g of good cognac and eat a whole apple with the seeds. After 30 minutes you can eat.
Cognac can only be used as a remedy for varicose veins if there is no alcohol dependency or hereditary predisposition.
Varicose veins are not only a cosmetic defect, but also a serious disease that requires treatment and compliance with preventive measures to prevent their further development. When using traditional medical methods, it is necessary to change the diet. Obesity, the use of poor quality foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques and thrombosis. The diet should include a large amount of vegetables, grains, lean meat, and fish. Potatoes, pasta, flour products, sweets, carbonated drinks and spices may only be used in limited quantities or excluded entirely.
For drinks, preference should be given to fruit juices, vegetable juices and rosehip cooks. Tea and coffee are available in very small quantities. For the fastest effect, it is necessary to give up bad habits such as smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
Women should limit the time they spend in high heels by putting on flatter shoes. It is recommended to wear compression stockings or tight bandages of the legs with elastic bandages. A passive lifestyle also plays an important role in the formation of varicose veins. Exercise should be regular, but it is worth taking into account that not all types of physical activity are suitable for people with varicose veins. For example, step aerobics, in which rhythmic steps are performed at a fast pace, can make the disease worse. Before choosing the type of physical activity and methods of traditional medicine, it is necessary to consult your doctor. In the advanced stages of the disease, surgical intervention is required.