Vein thrombosis of the lower extremities disrupts blood flow. The method of treatment is determined by the phlebologist. After an accurate diagnosis is made, the doctor will prescribe the best and most effective medicine for the disease. From varicose veins of the lower extremities, you can use ointments, gels, tablets and traditional medicine. Whichever means the doctor prescribes, its main task is to eliminate varicose veins and normalize blood flow in the lower extremities.
Therapeutic methods in combination against varicose veins ensure rapid recovery. In addition to conservative and traditional treatment, physical exercise, diet and contrast media are considered effective therapy methods.
The main goal of drug treatment is to minimize the clinical manifestations of varicose veins, prevent negative consequences and normalize blood circulation.
The disadvantage of conservative treatment is the fact that the therapy corrects the symptoms, but does not completely eliminate the problem.
A distinction is made between the most important types of medicinal product:
- Phlebotonics- help to improve the tone of the venous walls and eliminate swelling of the legs. It is not recommended to take the tablet form in the 1st trimester of pregnancy.
- Blood thinners- prevent the process of thrombus formation. Used to treat thrombophlebitis.
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs- This type is represented by anti-inflammatory analgesics that do not contain steroids.
It is unrealistic to absolutely heal varicose veins. When it appears, under no circumstances can the vessels with deformations return to their original shape. With the help of operations, veins lying on the surface are removed. However, deep veins cannot be returned to normal in this way. They are difficult to diagnose. After the operation is finished, there is a high probability of around eighty percent that varicose veins will reappear after a while.
If you combine the methods of therapy and carry out prevention, the development process will be interrupted, which will avoid complications. However, it is necessary to undergo an examination and take consultations from phlebologists throughout your life.
Tablet form is the most effective and popular form of treatment for varicose veins of the legs. The pills are prescribed by a doctor when it is impossible to use medication on a local level.
Tablets for varicose veins on the legs can be used in combination with compression therapy and topical medication.
Therapeutic properties of tablets:
- improves the tone of the leg veins;
- accelerates blood flow;
- eliminates the inflammatory process;
- accelerates the lymphatic drainage;
- eliminates microcirculation changes.
Classification of drugs against varicose veins of the legs:
- nonsteroidal analgesics;
- aspirin and its derivatives;
- Medicines for the prevention of thrombosis.
Phlebotonics are very effective due to their therapeutic properties:
- There are no negative consequences for the gastrointestinal tract.
- removes burns and swelling in the legs.
Ointment in the treatment of the disease
The ointment not only helps heal varicose veins on the legs, but is also a preventive measure.
To treat a disease, doctors often recommend the use of ointments with the following therapeutic effects:
- reduce leg pain;
- Eliminate leg swelling;
- improves the performance of the valve system;
- increases the tone of the vein walls;
- reduces the risk of complications.
Depending on the therapeutic effect, ointments are classified:
- Contains heparin.Has a resorbing effect, prevents thrombus formation and stagnant processes.
- Contains venoactive components.Ointments, which include sweet clover, horse chestnut extract, and buttocks, relieve pain and strengthen the veins in the legs.
- Contains non-steroidal substances.For prevention purposes, drugs are used to prevent blood clots and thrombophlebitis. Drugs will help eliminate the inflammatory process, help relieve pain in the legs.
- Contains glucocorticoid hormones.They are a powerful tool that eliminates pain in the lower extremities and the inflammatory process. The disadvantage is the multitude of contraindications and negative consequences.
The use of ointments is advisable in the early stages of the development of varicose veins. During this time the patient may experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of heaviness and pain in the legs;
- itching in the lower limbs;
- swelling of the legs;
- Spider veins and veins appear on the skin.
The ointment helps eliminate the listed symptoms, and also performs the following therapeutic functions: normalizes microcirculation, prevents the process of thrombus formation and, if necessary, dissolves blood clots.
In order for the selected ointment to be treated against varicose veins, it is necessary to take into account the appointment and advice of the attending physician. This disease can only be treated in the initial stages. It is important to use the ointment at the right time for the disease. It is necessary to suppress the process of pathology. Many people who have such a problem wonder whether they are selling a not very expensive and effective ointment. The availability of a price for most is of great importance.
Many phlebologists think why different ointment compositions from varicose veins of the lower extremities differ significantly in cost. For some people it is impossible to get expensive medicines. Therefore, they do not prefer very expensive analogues. When allocating the cost of a drug, main attention is paid to the composition, value of each component, and cost.
Ointment from asterisks on the legs is applied externally and applied to the affected area of the skin three times a day. The duration of application of the ointment is 14 days. In the presence of spider veins in the facial area, it is recommended to include anti-couperose drugs in the therapy complex. It is not recommended to use ointments for lesions, ulcers on the skin, as well as with allergic reactions to the composition of the product.
Cream for the treatment of diseases
The cream contains an active ingredient that relieves pain and strengthens the vein walls. Often the cream contains vitamins C, B1, B5. Thanks to vitamins, the walls of the blood vessels are strengthened, the regeneration process accelerated.
Varicose veins make it difficult for active ingredients to penetrate the tissues of the legs. The concentration of the coagulant must therefore be high for the treatment to be effective. Despite the fact that the tool is easy to use, it is not recommended to use it as the main therapy.
Compression stockings have proven to be successful in the treatment of varicose veins. It improves the condition of the blood vessels, speeds up blood flow and prevents congestion.
Despite the effectiveness of compression stockings, wearing them does not eliminate the cause of the pathology. Therefore, compression garments can be used as an additional remedy for varicose veins to relieve pain and swelling.
Only a qualified specialist can suggest the best therapeutic agent for eliminating varicose veins. In the initial stages of the development of the disease, home treatment can be carried out with the help of traditional medicine. It is recommended to discuss folk remedies with a doctor so as not to aggravate the situation.
Several effective folk recipes:
- Garlic must be grated and mixed with butter in a ratio of 1 to 2. After that, the resulting gruel is applied to the affected veins and attached to the limbs with paper and thick cloth. The compress must be made before going to bed and left overnight.
- To prepare the chestnut infusion, 50 g of raw materials must be poured with 500 ml of alcohol. The product should be infused for 2 weeks, then it must be filtered. It is recommended to take the tincture with a liquid three times before meals.