One of the components of the medical and preventive complex for varicose veins is gymnastics. It consists of simple basic exercises, the implementation of which helps to stabilize the functionality of the vascular system and improve general health. Daily gymnastics for varicose veins in the legs is effective for any form of pathology and at any stage of treatment.
Basics of gymnastics for varicose veins
One of the provoking factors for varicose veins of the lower extremities is hypodynamia. To prevent the disease or during its treatment, phlebologists prescribe special exercises for the lower extremities. Their type and intensity are selected taking into account the clinical picture, the location of the affected veins, the severity and area of the lesion. The focus of the gymnastics complex and its duration are also taken into account.
Regardless of the type of leg exercise for varicose veins, the goals are:
- Stimulates the flow of blood through the veins.
- normalization of lymph flow.
- Increase the tone of the muscle tissue of the lower extremities to improve their endurance.
- Stabilization of the arterial inflow.
- Restoration of venous tone.
- Improvement of the activity of the peripheral circulation.
With venous insufficiency, exercises with a light load are the most effective gymnastics complex. This rate of execution allows you to control the pressure on the veins and clear the blockage in the vessels. This will spontaneously eliminate pain and discomfort in the legs.
The most effective exercises that are allowed at any stage of varicose veins include walking in the fresh air and classes in the pool. All permissible exercises developed by the therapist are performed in a horizontal position or while sitting.
When creating a workout, it is important to know which exercises should not be done with varicose veins. It is strictly forbidden to perform a series of exercises including:
- Lifting weights in an upright position.
- in progress.
- strength training.
- Steppe lesson.
The selection of the correct set of permissible exercises is carried out exclusively by a phlebologist or movement therapist.
Gymnastics against varicose veins is an inexpensive and simple method of treating and preventing the disease. The complex does not require special and professional equipment.
Movement therapy for varicose veins
Conservative therapy for venous insufficiency is always supplemented by physiotherapeutic exercises. The gymnastic complex for varicose veins in this case is selected depending on the purpose of treatment:
- Reducing the severity of symptoms in the early stages of varicose veins.
- pain relief.
- preventing the development of severe varicose veins, the treatment of which includes surgery.
- Prevention of pathology in people at risk.
Any type of gymnastics complex is characterized by characteristic exercises with the greatest efficiency.
Exercise therapy to eliminate the signs of varicose veins in the first stage helps to stimulate the walls of blood vessels, increase their tone and improve blood circulation. The most effective exercises for early-stage lower extremity varicose veins include:
- The short morning runs slowly on soft surfaces.
- Change the position of your feet as you walk all day. To do this, you need to regularly have clubfoot, unfold your socks, walk on heels and toes.
- amplitude movements in the ankle and knee joints.
- If you sit on a chair for a long time, you should alternately roll sideways on the gluteal muscles and not throw one leg over the other.
- In the evening, stretching exercises are performed daily in a horizontal position.
- Before going to bed, it is necessary to raise the lower limbs with support on the wall.
The exercise therapy complex for chronic varicose veins is not the main method of treatment, but its systematic implementation slows down the development of the disease and delays the formation of venous nodes.
Rehabilitologists recommend supplementing exercises in the early stages of varicose veins:
- exercise bike.
- Alternating compression of the legs towards the chest while lying down.
- Flexion and extension of the fingers.
- Get in place without tearing off your socks.
- Vertical scissors.
- Work your abs.
- Raising and lowering the buttocks with the legs raised.
- vibration exercises.
- Stretch out your feet and hands.
In order to increase efficiency and prevent the development of complications with varicose veins, it is recommended to do the complex twice a day.
Every workout should start with a relaxing massage. Exercises are carried out slowly and smoothly, abrupt movements are excluded. The duration of the complex is at least 15 minutes.
The final stage of an exercise therapy complex is to perform a contrast shower on the lower extremities with strong pressure. The duration of this manipulation is 10 minutes for each leg.
Preventive exercises for varicose veins on the legs
If you experience increased swelling, frequent seizures, and severe pain, you should stop these exercises immediately and return to preventive exercise therapy. This complex allows the systematic implementation of the following exercises for varicose veins on the legs.
- Pull the socks with minimum resistance and maximum amplitude in different directions.
- Synchronous or alternative semi-axis rotation of the feet.
- Perform these exercises by grasping the inner part of the foot without excluding the muscle contraction of the leg.
- Gradual stretching of the muscles and ligaments of the leg by touching the chest, nose and ear with the thumb. If possible, put your foot on the back of your head.
- Pull out the knee joint at chest height. In this case, the ankle must be grasped with both hands. Without loosening the grip of your hands, try to achieve the maximum extension of the knee joint without lifting your foot off the floor.
Kneeling starting position:
- Spread the knee joints shoulder-width apart and lower the glutes to the floor. Do not sit in this position for more than 20 seconds. Try to touch the floor with your shoulder blades without pain or burning in the muscles. Finish the exercise by lifting your legs up and gently shaking your limbs.
- As you straighten your knee, try to achieve the maximum possible lunge forward with your foot. If possible, it is recommended to sit on a crevice on each side.
- Stand in an emphasis starting from the knees, pulling the toe and swinging the leg back, alternating amplitude movements to the side while the foot should be flexed. Change 15 times for each leg.
When choosing exercises for preventive exercise therapy for varicose veins, it is necessary to take into account the lifestyle of the person. The complex, suitable for a person with high daily activity, does not bring any benefit to a person with a passive lifestyle.
Charging of varicose veins in a horizontal position:
- Raise the bent leg at the knee 10 times for each limb.
- Alternating flexion and extension of the legs at the knee joint with light pressure forwards and towards yourself.
- Execution of lengthways and cross shears.
- Raise your pelvis and support yourself on your shoulder blades. Perform amplitude swings in longitudinal and transverse intersections.
- Throw your legs behind your head from the “birch” position and touch the ground with your toes.
Systematic exercise therapy not only improves the health of the veins and the intensity of blood flow through them, but also reduces dystrophic changes in the soft tissues of the affected lower extremity.
Vibration gymnastics from varicose veins
One of the most effective therapeutic methods for venous insufficiency is vibration gymnastics. It helps to improve the condition of blood vessels and extends the period of remission of the disease. Refers to gentle treatment and is recommended when rhythmic sports are prohibited.
Consists of two main complexes:
- respiratory gymnastics.Performed immediately after waking up and before performing vibration exercises. Technique: Stand on tiptoe, push your chest forward, take a deep breath and try to lower the air as deeply as possible. When done correctly, the abdomen should swell slightly. We hold our breath for 3 - 5 seconds and exhale the air with sharp, frequent jerks.
- Vibration gymnastics.Starting position standing on your feet, arms straight along your body. Technique: Raise your heels 1 cm off the floor. As we exhale we lower ourselves sharply to the floor. The exercise is repeated at least 60 times. Intensity 1 lift per second. There is a 10-second break every 20 lifts.
Vibration gymnastics only brings a positive therapeutic result when varicose veins begin to develop and is a highly effective preventive measure.
Exercise stimulates blood flow to the heart, which flushes the blood vessels. This process stimulates the restoration of elasticity and tone of the vein walls and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Achieving a positive result when training with varicose veins depends on the correctness and sequence of all elements. Therefore, the first classes must be held under the supervision of a doctor or instructor. It is also important to follow the exercise technique and number of sets.