Treatment with pharmacy drugs for any disease, including varicose veins, can be effective, but at the same time it is accompanied by many side effects. Another thing is the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies.
In this case, 100% safety is not guaranteed, but fewer side reactions occur. An added bonus is low herb prices, and some you can collect yourself. In addition to traditional medicine, folk medicine does not lose its importance, but you need to use one of the recipes after consulting a doctor.
In the process of eliminating problems with blood vessels, ointments and compresses, baths and applications, infusions and decoctions for internal use are used. The main task of therapy is to establish blood circulation in the extremities.
The best effect is achieved in the initial stages of the development of the pathology, when the manifestations are reduced to heaviness in the legs and the appearance of vascular networks in the evening. If the situation is neglected, there is only one operation left. Therefore, it is important to monitor your health, undergo an examination and not cause disease.
Blood stagnation begins in the lower extremities, they bear the entire load, the vessels suffer from physical exertion, static postures, external and internal factors. In order for the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies to be effective, it is recommended to follow the advice of doctors:
- Adjust the daily routine so that there is time between cases for rest, warming up and sleeping at night;
- get rid of the habit of sitting cross-legged;
- Walk more often, move more during the day;
- Correctly use funds for external and internal use;
- wear compression stockings selected by a doctor;
- For everyday use, choose things made from natural fibers.
- Revise the diet, enrich it with fiber, vitamin products and substances that are useful for the veins and general health.
Tinctures for varicose veins
A variety of folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs can be quickly prepared at home. Kalanchoe tincture relieves the burning sensation in the legs and the feeling of heaviness in them. You need to take the leaves of the plant, grind them and insist on vodka in a 1: 1 ratio.
After a week, you can use the infusion to lubricate areas with a vascular network. The course lasts one month.
Another effective remedy is made from chestnuts. You will need 50 g of flowers and 1 liter of vodka. Insist on the plant for 2 weeks and shake the container daily. Take a tincture of 2 tbsp. l. three times a day before meals. When the volume is over, you need to pause for a week, and then continue treatment. The improvements will be noticeable after three courses.
Garlic and lemon vein treatment
As a person grows up, cholesterol plaques build up on the vessels inside, which affects blood flow. Plaque is formed from cholesterol from "junk" foods. To avoid complications related to narrowing and clogging of blood vessels, you need to use folk prophylactic remedies for treating varicose veins of the legs. Garlic is the best remedy for dissolving atherosclerotic plaques. Besidesit fights viruses and germs.
The vessels can be cleaned by preparing the indicated infusion. The first step is to chop 4 lemons with peel and 4 cloves of garlic. Transfer the crushed mass to a glass and pour 3 liters of warm water. The drug is infused for 3 days at room temperature, a couple of times a day you need to mix the contents of the container. After 3 days, the drug is filtered and stored in the refrigerator.
Take 100 ml 3 times a day after meals. For the entire course you will need 4 doses of infusion, each of which is prepared for 10 days. If, against the background of treatment, there are side effects, the dosage is reduced to 1-2 tbsp. l. 2 times a day.
Such a varicose vein drug normalizes blood pressure, relieves headaches, cleanses the blood vessels from accumulations of cholesterol and gives energy. It is advisable to undergo such a course 1-2 times a year, if the doctor does not find any contraindications.
Effective compresses for varicose veins
Treatment is carried out with tinctures and decoctions, as well as compresses. They don't work any worse, but sometimes they work better. Below are compresses for varicose veins, reviews confirm that they work:
- Compress tomatoes. Tomatoes are finely chopped, spread on gauze or bandages, and then applied to the diseased areas on the legs. To prevent the compress from slipping, you can wrap it with cling film or bandage. The duration of the procedure is 2 hours, after which a fresh compress is applied, and then another. Repeat the process daily;
- Compress from fern leaves. If there is an opportunity to find a plant, then you need to collect the leaves, grind them in a meat grinder or blender to squeeze out the juice from the resulting mass. Sour milk is added to the juice, gauze is moistened in liquid and applied to the legs in the form of a compress until the morning;
- Compress pussy willow. Crush the branches, put a cheesecloth and apply to the painful areas of the legs for 2 hours;
- There is a simple way to improve blood circulation in the legs - put your feet in warm water, and then put on warm socks dipped in vodka. Place plastic bags on top. Make such a compress before bedtime. It helps well against varicose veins in the legs, varicose veins in the legs in the initial stage pass quickly;
- Cabbage leaf compress. First, grease the leaves of fresh cabbage with laundry soap, then apply to the legs and sprinkle with special soda. Fix the cabbage leaf with a bandage and leave it on until morning.
Infusions and decoctions made from medicinal plants
All varicose vein recipes are designed to purify blood vessels and blood to improve circulation. The following infusion is considered effective: plantain, chestnut flowers, chamomile, yarrow, raspberry root are mixed in equal parts. 2 tbsp are taken from the resulting collection. l. and put in a liter saucepan and pour 600 ml of boiling water. The mixture is brought to a boil, turn off the stove and leave the infusion under the lid overnight. You consume 150 ml of the drug in the morning and evening.
An infusion of yarrow, nettle, St. John's wort and marshmallow root removes varicose veins well. 1 tablespoon. l. Plant raw materials are poured into a thermos 1 liter of boiling water and left overnight. Take an infusion of 100 ml three times a day. The course lasts 3 weeks, then a break of 5-7 days and a second course. The duration of treatment is about six months.
An easy to prepare remedy is a marigold decoction. You need to put 2 tbsp in a thermos. l. chopped marigold, pour 500 ml of boiling water and leave overnight. Take 100 ml 2 times a day. A decoction of nettle is prepared on the same principle, but for 2 tbsp. l. Raw materials take 1 glass of boiling water. Drink 50 ml three times a day. On the basis of calendula, you can buy an ointment for varicose veins in a pharmacy and follow the instructions.
Datura seeds against varicose veins
Treatment with folk remedies for pathologies of veins, ischemia and thrombophlebitis, stroke, as well as neuralgia and whooping cough, epilepsy and numbness of the extremities is carried out with tincture of dope seeds. It must be remembered that the plant is poisonous - the seeds contain alkaloids (atropine, hyoscyamine, scopolamine). Therefore, contraindications should be considered before use.
For the tincture, 80 g of seeds are crushed in a mortar or coffee grinder, placed in a container and filled with 500 ml of vodka. The mixture is infused for 2 weeks, shaking the container from time to time. Therapy begins with 15 drops of tincture diluted in 100 ml of water. Take the medicine once a day before meals. In the future, the dosage will be increased by 2 drops and this will continue until the amount reaches 25 drops. In another month you need to take 25 drops, and this is where the course ends. In the case of procaine intolerance, the given alternative treatment does not start with 15, but with 1 drop.
Thorn apple seed tincture is also suitable for compresses. The dosage is the same as above, only the tincture is not taken orally, it is used to wet the cotton wool in order to apply it to the veins. You wrap the legs with cling film and leave a compress for an hour. Given that the area of compresses is different in each case, you need to be careful not to overdose.
An overdose can be determined by the feeling of intoxication. In this case, you need to drink more water and milk, then you need to reduce the dose by a few drops, not increase it.
Vegetable juices are great for treating varicose veins. The main condition is the regularity of application. The juice is quickly absorbed, filling itself with healthy substances, vitamins and trace elements as well as antioxidants. The intake of juices strengthens blood vessels, prevents the formation of thrombi, improves the process of hematopoiesis.
The following juices are used for home treatment after consulting a doctor:
- Carrots, celery and spinach leaves. The ingredients are combined in a ratio of 10: 6. Carrot juice contains bioflavonoids, trace elements. The most effective flavonoid is rutin, it is contained in drugs that prevent capillary fragility. Constant consumption of juice from fresh carrots strengthens the vascular walls, prevents the development of varicose veins or the progression of an existing disease. Spinach is rich in oxalic acid, which cleanses the blood vessels of deposits, prevents the accumulation of calcium deposits and normalizes the ability of blood vessels to contract. The daily intake of spinach juice prevents high blood pressure, fills the body with vitamins A and C and cleanses the blood vessels. Celery cleanses the blood vessels, helps build fat metabolism, removes toxins and has a diuretic effect. If celery, carrot and spinach juices are combined, it has an excellent effect on all organs and systems, prevents the development of varicose veins and eliminates the manifestations of the disease in the initial stages.
- Spinach, beets and carrots. The ingredients are mixed in a ratio of 1: 1: 2. With the help of juice therapy, you can cure varicose veins on the legs early and quickly. The daily use of vegetable juice replenishes the supply of trace elements, normalizes blood pressure, relieves fluid and thus edema. Beets are able to stimulate hematopoiesis, thanks to them the amount of hemoglobin in the blood increases, which prevents the development of anemia.
- Celery, spinach, carrots and parsley. The components are mixed in a ratio of 4: 3: 7: 2. The properties of carrots and celery are described above, and parsley strengthens the vascular walls of the lower extremities, does not make the capillaries so brittle, so you can avoid the appearance of new vascular networks on the surface of the legs. Juice therapy resists damage and thinning of blood vessels, removes excess fluid from the body, cleanses the blood of toxins. The vessel walls are freed from calcium deposits, this serves to prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Spinach and beets, fresh watercress. Juices made from the listed ingredients are mixed in a ratio of 4: 2: 2. Beets are taken along with the leaves, since greens contain a lot of useful minerals - magnesium, calcium and potassium. Beet juice normalizes the level of electrolytes in the blood, improves metabolism and is used to prevent high blood pressure and vascular diseases. Watercress leaves contain a store of useful substances: sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, magnesium, iron and sodium. The combination of juices of the listed ingredients helps to thin the blood, cleanse it of toxins, dissolve blood clots and prevent them from forming. With such regular home treatment with folk remedies, the metabolism in tissues improves, the organs become saturated with oxygen and cleansed of toxins.
Juice therapy means taking 500-600 ml of a juice mixture daily, which should be prepared just before use. The shelf life of fresh juice is only half an hour, other useful substances are destroyed on contact with air. It takes a lot of effort and time for the therapy to be effective.
Medicinal lotions for varicose veins
Many patients want to speed up the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies at home, smear a miracle ointment or drink a magical tincture. But you can not get rid of varicose veins in a day or even a month - any doctor will tell you about it. Recipes should be discussed and alternated with a specialist. Below are some tools that are easy to prepare but have an effect in clearing up vascular networks on the legs:
- Apple cider vinegar is considered by many to be the primary remedy for varicose veins. For treatment, you need to dilute 2 tbsp in a glass of water. l. Apple cider vinegar, then dampen a bandage in this liquid and wrap it around the affected limb. From above, the lotions are wrapped with cling film and left for an hour;
- Potato peel is a simple and inexpensive remedy for varicose veins. You need to boil the cleansing, then cool and put a bandage or cloth for compresses. Such a lotion is applied to the diseased area of the leg for a few hours;
- at the initial stage of the disease, you can use the chamomile pharmacy. The recipe is simple - 2 tsp. dry flowers are brewed with a glass of boiling water for half an hour. The infusion is filtered, bandages are moistened in it and applied to the diseased veins. Vermouth can be brewed in the same way.
In conclusion, there are many recipes for varicose veins on the legs, and a competent specialist will help you choose the most effective one.