Diseases of the lower extremities and veins have been known to mankind since their origins. Treatment of varicose veins in the legs is suitable for both women and men. The disease is an enlargement of the superficial veins in the lower extremities. It is accompanied by impaired blood flow and valve failure.
There are 4 types of varicose veins. According to the clinical classification, problems do not always bother people. In the initial stages, the symptoms are imperceptible or the signs are extremely insignificant. Some of the patients have enough annual visits to the sanatorium, the second must be treated in a specialized medical center.
Treatment of varicose veins is carried out under medical supervision in a specialized center. In selected difficult cases, surgery cannot be avoided, but conservative methods are used in addition to the operation. Only a surgeon can get rid of an advanced stage, but it is entirely possible to slow down vascular disease to improve well-being through conservative methods.
Here are some examples of varicose veins treatment. There are two conservative methods:
Up until now it was necessary to bandage the lower extremities with special bandages made from dog hair. Simple options have now been created:
- Compression leotard;
- Elastic bandages;
- Elastic bandage.
In medical centers, jersey is often used, it is possible to replace it with bandages - they are cheaper, sometimes more suitable for the specific treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities. The patient purchases these items himself for treatment and then uses them at home for preventive purposes or as recommended by a doctor. Positive consequences:
- Reduction in venous diameter, reflux, ballast blood volume, capillary filtration;
- Increase in the speed of blood flow, the efficiency of the venous pump, absorption, lymphatic drainage;
- Eliminate reflux in some cases.
There are many details to consider when choosing compression products. When it comes to bandages, medium and short stretch bandages are used for diseases of the lower extremities. It is permissible to use a mixture of bandages to create an elastic bandage. Speaking of knits (stockings, knee socks, tights), underwear should be bought according to personal parameters.
There are many drugs that are aimed at effectively treating varicose veins. It is not recommended to choose drugs yourself. It is better to follow the recommendations of the doctor, so as not to worsen the condition of the lower limbs.
The drug ASA against varicose veins is of great interest in treatment. It is offered for sale in two forms:
- Group 2 - external and internal use. The liquid is yellowish to dark red in color and has a characteristic pungent odor.
- Fraction 3 - for external use. The liquid has an oily structure, the color varies from dark brown to black.
The fractions differ in the method of dissolution. ASD 2 dissolves in water, ASD 3 only absorbs in oils and alcohols. The second fraction is added to water, mixed and taken orally according to the instructions (15 drops per 100 ml of water / tea, 2 times a day 30 minutes before meals). The use affects the strengthening of the immunity of the vascular walls.
A well-known remedy is an ointment based on troxerutin for varicose veins. The application is intuitive, sometimes it requires a combination of a gel with capsules of the same name. If there is no improvement, it is worth going to the nearest clinic or specialist center. The ointment is easy to apply:
- The lower limbs are thoroughly washed with detergent. It is allowed to add a few drops of iodine or hydrogen peroxide to the water.
- After washing, the feet are dried with a towel.
- The gel is squeezed out of the tube on the palm of the hand, applied to the surface of problem areas with varicose veins, diseased vessels.
- The ointment is massaged in gently until it is completely absorbed by the skin.
- From above it is possible to wrap the legs with elastic bandages or to wear compression products.
Varicose veins cannot be cured with ointments. But with the means it is established:
- competent treatment of varicose veins;
- Elimination of signs of venous insufficiency;
- Improvement in quality of life;
- Preservation of the ability to work;
- Relapse prevention.
Lower extremity varicose veins are not cured with medication, you should not rely solely on medication. But the use of funds is important to prevent weak vessels of the veins, to speed up the healing process. The drugs are able to increase tone, microcirculation and suppress inflammation. The doctor prescribes medication that most patients tolerate well.
It is important for patients to know how to get rid of varicose veins of the lower extremities one hundred percent. Only a surgical procedure will help here. The doctor always finds out the specific causes of varicose veins in the patient in advance. The doctor will try to stop the process, slow it down and prevent it from worsening. Sometimes the reasons are hereditary, the genetic side of weak blood vessels is obvious.
A referral to the clinic is not always a panacea. We will have to try to avoid relapse in the future in order to start a healthy lifestyle that anyone can do. If there are good reasons for a surgical intervention in the hospital, the patient has one of the possible procedures:
- Phlebectomy. Takes 1. 5 hours. It consists in removing diseased veins. During the recovery period, it may be necessary to stay in a sanatorium. There is a risk of small scars, although the operation is atraumatic.
- Sclerotherapy. It is important to walk for an hour after the operation. The procedure is a puncture of a vein to introduce an "adhesive" drug inside. It is necessary to check the ultrasound device. The method in specialized centers is very well known in the treatment of blood vessels.
- Laser coagulation. It is considered to be the newest method of getting rid of varicose veins on the legs. After the puncture, special anesthesia is performed, then endovascular obliteration. Many requirements are prescribed in the post-operative phase. Immediately after coagulation, the doctor puts on a compression bandage and is worn continuously for 5 days.
- Radio frequency coagulation. The method is similar to the previous one. Local anesthesia is performed, hospitalization in the clinic is not required, and no incisions are made. The doctor acts under the control of an ultrasound scan.
It is recommended to obey the surgeon. Correct postoperative behavior allows you to rehabilitate earlier, here conservative healing of the veins of the lower extremities is required.
Traditional medicine and exercise therapy
Many patients seek ways to treat varicose veins outside of medical centers and surgeons for fear of scarring and payment controls. With a similar diagnosis, many interventions are often contraindicated: from a Charcot shower to a massage. Patients are looking for alternative medical methods to combat varicose veins.
Treatment of varicose veins with soda is widely used in folk medicine. The following procedures are carried out with the substance:
- medicinal baths. It takes 7 tbsp in a 200 liter bath. l. Soda or in a 5 liter bucket or basin - 200 g of soda with 60 g of alum (buy at the pharmacy). Duration - 15-20 minutes.
- Drinking solutions. 1 teaspoon is poured into a glass of hot water. Soda, stir thoroughly and drink. It is supposed to drink 2 glasses a day in two batches - morning and evening.
- compressed. Famous and simple - with cabbage. A cabbage leaf is lathered with laundry soap, soda is applied to the legs, the leg is covered with soda on cabbage and soap. The compress is fixed with a bandage, holds the night. You can use a compress with white bread soaked in apple cider vinegar. The soaked crumb is sprinkled with soda, applied to the legs, fixed with a bandage and left overnight.
Soap deserves a lot of attention. It is better if a household is used because of its composition. The soap should be rubbed on a fine-grain grater. Powdered into a dry powder, the soap is easy to soak, use, and store. It is permissible to use for leg health:
- Lotions from tincture on aspirin (10 tab. ) And laundry soap with vodka (200-250 ml. ). The mixture is pre-infused for 48-50 hours.
- Ointment made from laundry soap (150 g), spruce resin (100 g), olive oil (150 g), beeswax (50 g) and propolis (50 g). The ingredients are heated in a water bath, the resulting mixture is cooled and stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Lather up with laundry soap. Sore legs are soaped, sprinkled with salt and covered with cabbage.
They talk about the benefits of an iodine network. Easy to use:
- Legs are rubbed with vinegar;
- Apple cider vinegar is used;
- With iodine and a cotton swab, a grid / stripes are drawn perpendicular to each other at the points of varicose veins;
- Take a 5% iodine solution;
- Draw stripes every 1 cm, touching vertical and horizontal lines.
It is better to draw a network with iodine before going to bed. In the morning the pattern is already absorbed into the skin. First, take a test to make sure there is no allergic reaction. Iodine is applied to a healthy area of skin with a stick. An hour later, the inspection site is examined, if there is no redness or scratch on the skin, the iodine is washed off and a mesh is applied to the problem area.
Be careful when it comes to hydrogen peroxide. Treatment is prescribed exclusively by a doctor. The doctor will help you correctly calculate the doses and the ability to use the specified options to improve varicose veins:
- Inside. The first day of treatment - 3 times a day, a couple of hours after meals. Hydrogen peroxide (1 drop) and boiled water (3 tablespoons) are mixed. On the second day, 2 drops of hydrogen peroxide are used and then increased by 1 drop (10 drops) when the 10th day of treatment is reached. There is a 72-hour break. Reception continues: peroxide is taken for 2 days, 10 drops each, 3 days break, 2 days - treatment, then again a break for 3 days.
- Intravenously. At the pharmacy, buy a hydrogen solution and dilute it to 0. 15%. The doctor does not inject more than a quarter of a liter of solution at a time.
Patients know firsthand about the healing power of aloe. The 100th anniversary is growing on most people's window sills, you can find it in the hallways of hospitals and sanatoriums, in villages and megacities. Preparation is required for applying aloe juice.
- Use the oldest aloe leaves. It is desirable not less than 3 years. Choosing is easy - the lower leaves are old and therefore valuable.
- It is important to scald cut leaves with boiling water and dry them.
- After drying, the aloe is placed in the refrigerator and infused for a week.
- After the cold infusion, grind the product as finely as possible in a mixer or with a knife.
- With the help of cheesecloth, aloe juice is filtered out, which is used in the recipe.
There is a well-known recipe with mummy. For 100 g of aloe (juice according to the above method), 5 g of mummy are taken. The ingredients are mixed thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The resulting mixture is applied to varicose veins. The main thing is not to use the method with an exacerbation of the disease. In autumn and spring, after application, it is better to leave aloe vera agent on overnight or for a whole day, first put on compression underwear or elastic bandages. After the compress, the legs should be lubricated with vegetable oil (St. John's wort).
Modern methods of treatment include rest in a sanatorium. It is better to choose a sanatorium that focuses on the healing of blood vessels.