Varicose veins of the lower extremities are a fairly common disease that develops during hard physical work, congenital vascular pathology, against the background of arterial hypertension and increased blood viscosity. Women suffer from this disease three times more often than men, and the pathology can appear at any age. Treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies will help to enhance the effect of the drugs taken and improve the condition of damaged vessels.
How to get rid of varicose veins at home, what compresses will help cure the disease?
Improves well-being and relieves the symptoms of the disease by applying a fresh cabbage leaf to the affected area. Cabbage is rich in vitamin C, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels, prevents capillary fragility, prevents the appearance of a vascular network, and relieves inflammation of shallow veins. In addition, this product contains a large amount of essential vitamins and minerals and has an analgesic effect.
Treatment of varicose veins with cabbage is carried out daily before bedtime. A fresh sheet is slightly kneaded with a rolling pin and applied to the problem area, not tightly fixed with a bandage and left overnight. To enhance the anti-inflammatory effect, the inner surface of the leaf is smeared with natural honey.
Use apple cider vinegar
In the case of varicose veins, it makes sense to apply apple cider vinegar to the affected area. This product tightens and strengthens blood vessel walls, reduces swelling and stimulates lymphatic drainage. For treatment you need to use natural apple cider vinegar 6% or cook it yourself.
Compresses for varicose veins are made from a gauze bandage soaked in undiluted vinegar (if there is a burning sensation, you can dilute the composition 1: 1). The tissue is applied to the affected veins and wrapped with a film, warm towel or woolen scarf. The application should be held for 40 minutes, at this time it is recommended to lie down and put a pillow under the limb. After removing the bandage, you do not need to wash the skin. The procedure is repeated daily for 1-2 months.
From green tomatoes
At home, varicose veins in the legs can be treated with green tomatoes. They include:
- Vitamin C;
- a nicotinic acid.
Active substances have venotonic properties, thin the blood, fight venous congestion, prevent the formation of blood clots, relieve inflammation and pain.
Tomatoes are cut into rings and applied to the site of swollen veins, which are fixed with gauze on top. Keep the compress for 10-15 minutes and then wash your foot. The procedure is repeated daily for 3 weeks.
Treatment with alcohol tinctures
How to treat varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies? Most ointments used to treat varicose veins contain horse chestnut extract. Homemade tinctures for alcohol are also made from these fruits. Chestnut has an antithrombotic effect and increases the production of antithrombin. Reduces viscosity, normalizes blood circulation, relieves pain.
- To prepare a remedy for varicose veins, you will need 300 g of mashed fruit and 0. 5 liters of vodka.
- The ingredients are placed in a glass container and infused in a dark cool place for 10 days.
- The composition must be regularly mixed so that mold does not form on the surface.
- Alcohol tincture is used for rubbing the lower extremities, applying compresses and swallowing.
- It is necessary to drink the medicine every morning, diluted 20 drops with water.
Contraindications for oral administration are chronic constipation, gastritis with high acidity, menstrual irregularities, pregnancy and lactation.
How to cure varicose veins, relieve the symptoms of the disease, get rid of heaviness in the legs? For people suffering from VRV, it makes sense to rub with nutmeg tincture. This product has a toning and strengthening effect on the cardiovascular system, has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effects. An infusion is prepared from 200 g of nuts and 250 ml of 40% vodka, which will last for at least 7 days. It is necessary to drink drugs for varicose veins by ½ teaspoon, the dosage cannot be increased, since the nut has toxic properties.
Muscat can be made into a powder, mixed with natural honey and used to apply compresses. The duration of treatment is at least 1 month.
Heal varicose veins at home, relieve swelling, phlebitis will help ointments prepared according to folk recipes:
- 20 pieces of chestnuts are peeled from the hard shell, the pulp is passed through a meat grinder, a tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of honey are added. The composition is kept on a steam bath for 20 minutes, then squeezed out and put in the refrigerator to solidify. The remaining cake can be used for compresses. The ointment is applied to the affected veins on the legs 2-3 times a day.
- How to deal with varicose veins in the initial stages? Pour 1 tablespoon of flowers, calendula, golden mustache and St. John's wort in a saucepan, pour 0. 5 liters of boiling water and leave for 2 hours. Then strain and refrigerate. Two tablespoons of the prepared broth are mixed with 250 g of soaked pork lard or lanolin, add juice of ½ clove of garlic and put in the refrigerator.
- How to treat varicose veins in the legs and feet? Grind nutmeg into powder and mix with butter, store this ointment in the refrigerator. The legs are rubbed 2 times a day, in the morning before getting up and in the evening before bedtime.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins forever, how effective are folk remedies? VRV is a progressive disease that cannot be completely cured. However, timely therapy will help slow down the damage to the veins, increase their tone and prevent the formation of blood clots.
Treatment with folk remedies should be carried out after consulting a phlebologist and combined with traditional methods of treating varicose veins. This includes taking angioprotectors, venotonics, wearing compression underwear, performing physiotherapy exercises, eating a balanced diet and following the rules of a healthy lifestyle.
With the help of contrast baths, you can fight varicose veins in the legs and vascular network. The limbs are alternately lowered into cold and warm water, ending with cold. The procedure helps eliminate edema, relieves heaviness in the legs, spasms and tones dilated veins.
- Recipe number 1: it is useful to make baths with the addition of baking soda (100 g) and burnt alum (35 g), the limbs should be kept in a warm solution for 10-15 minutes. Treatment of varicose veins is carried out 2 times a week.
- Recipe number 2: if the veins are greatly expanded, nodules appear, legs swell and hurt, it is recommended to make baths from the bark of oak, willow and pine buds. The ingredients are taken in equal parts, poured with boiling water and insisted for 2 hours, wrapping the pan with a towel. You need to keep your feet in the broth for 20 minutes, the liquid should be at room temperature, you can not make it hot, this will increase the inflammatory process, symptoms of varicose veins.
- Recipe number 3: pour 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers, horse chestnut bark, nettle in enameled dishes, pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave for 1 hour. Then the composition is filtered and added to the bath. Such treatment of varicose veins is carried out 1 time per day before bedtime. After that, tonic ointments are applied or compresses are applied.
- Recipe number 4: the fight against tortuous veins, trophic ulcers and phlebitis is carried out with a decoction of chamomile and string. Herbs are poured with boiling water, kept in a steam bath for 15 minutes, cooled and filtered. Pour into a basin, the volume of liquid is increased to 3 liters. The limbs should be held for 20 minutes. Regular procedures accelerate wound healing, relieve inflammation and swelling, and normalize blood circulation.
Folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs should be used in conjunction with treatment with drugs. This enhances the therapeutic effect and helps get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
One of the causes of varicose veins is increased blood viscosity. Pathology leads to the formation of blood clots and blockage of blood vessels. Used to thin the blood:
- tomato and lemon.
How to treat varicose veins in the legs at home? Cranberries can be used fresh, dried or frozen. You can make fruit drinks from it, cook compote juice. The use of lingonberries is contraindicated in gastric ulcer, gastritis with high acidity.
Lemons, rich in vitamin C, help strengthen blood vessels, clean them of cholesterol plaques and thin blood. Citrus fruits are cut into slices, placed in a jar and doused with natural honey. The medicine is stored in the refrigerator, it should be taken 1 tablespoon three times a day for treatment.
How to remove varicose veins on the legs, get rid of painful knots and vascular networks? Garlic improves the rheological properties of blood, it is enough to eat a couple of cloves a day, add the product to various culinary dishes and fresh salads. Garlic should not be eaten by people suffering from diseases of the digestive tract, hemorrhoids, pregnant and lactating women.
How to cure varicose veins and prevent blood clots from forming in the veins? At home, they make medicine from the ginger root. This plant contains ascorbic acid, nicotinic acid, vitamin A, essential trace elements, unsaturated fatty acids. The peeled rhizome is added to tea infused with honey. It can be dried and ground into powder and added to various dishes as a spice.
Before you start treating varicose veins with ginger, you need to consult a doctor. When taking blood-thinning medication, you should drink medicinal teas with caution. It is contraindicated to take a folk remedy with an increase in body temperature, chronic diseases of the kidneys and liver.
How to get rid of varicose veins on the legs, what herbs thin the blood? Medicinal properties have:
- sweet clover;
- white willow bark;
- licorice root;
- hawthorn fruits;
- hop cones;
Medicinal plants can be brewed separately or gathered. To prepare a decoction, 2 tablespoons of dry grass are poured into 0. 5 liters of boiling water and insisted for 2 hours. Strained medicine is taken 1/3 cup 30 minutes before meals three times a day.
Treatment of folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs should be carried out only after examination, diagnosis and consultation of a phlebologist in combination with the main therapy. Self-administration of herbs or the application of compresses can lead to serious complications.